I suggest you ...

provide better support for sites that require cookies.

i get a "content cannot be displayed because you must have cookies activated", on some websites.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you for adding some feedback!

We were not aware of any sites displaying this. An example sites is very useful because an example will help in making a first step to trouble shooting.

Could anyone provide us with an example?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • YohanYohan commented  · 

Hi!

First, I'd like to thank you for this wonderful service, this is really amazing !

I want to try to use it using cookies (because I want to convert to PDF a page from a forum where you first have to login), so I have my cookie.txt file that I use with wget like this :

wget -m -k --load-cookies export.txt websiteurl

And it works really well, but if I'm using your service with :

#wget -O opentracker.pdf "pdfmyurl.com?url=websiteurl&--header-center=hello" --load-cookies export.txt

It's not working.

I suppose it's because you're using you're own wget or something and it doesn't take into account my export.txt
        So I've found on your website this :

--cookie <name> <value> Set an additional cookie (repeatable)
        --cookie-jar <path> Read and write cookies from and to the supplied cookie jar file
        So I've tried :

wget -O opentracker.pdf "pdfmyurl.com?url=websiteurl&--header-center=hello&--cookie __utma 252755870.1663632006.1298395454.1298395454.1298395454.1&--cookie __utmb 252755870.7.10.1298395454&--cookie __utmb 252755870&--cookie __utmz 252755870.1298395454.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)" etc...

But it's still not working :(

And I couldn't find anywhere what is the cookie jar you're talking about,

Can you help me or show me an example of a wget using your service and cookie ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base